Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tenth Blog

I am not too sure what bulidings I am going to do for my assignment yet but in this lesson I am going to reasearch what bulidings relate to gladiators in ancient rome. I know one of the biuldings I am doing is definety going to be the colloseum but other than that i dont know what to do. I am thinking of doing some of the training camps that are situated near the colloseum but i dont know what there names are or any information on them. Here is some information on the colloseum. The coloseum derives its name from the colossal statue of Nero that stood near the amphitheatre. It is a biulding with 80 arched entrances, 55,000 seats and measures 188m by 156m and is 48m high. The Coloseum has 4 storeys above the ground and below the ground were rooms where they kept the wild animals. The second and the third levels were decorated with marble statuettes. The upper level was covered with a canvas that protected the spectators The wooden floor of the arena was sanded to hold the gladiators firm on the ground.

2 comments:

  1. The training camps are the

    *Ludus Dacicus


    *Ludus Matatinus


    *Ludus Magnus


    *Ludus Dacicus

    You could find information on how the gladiators trained, how they were selected, what types of gladiators there were and information on each of the sites. If you go to Google Earth and click on the ampitheatres an information brick will appear. This will give you some details to begin with. On my blog I have information about what the gladiators ate in the roman food site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - just read the rest of your blogs (going backwards) and most of the suggestions you have completed already. Try the sites I mentioned anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete