Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fourth Blog

This is now my fourth blog for this unit and i think that i am definietly going to do gladiators as my theme. A gladiator back in Ancient Rome was someone who fought to the death in a big arena to entertain the rich people of the city. They would use many brutal weapons such as swords, a mace and other dangerous weapons to try and kill each other. There were also animals thrown in to the arena at times such as tigers. If a gladiator became really good and survived aand won a lot of fights then he could become famous and even get realesed from having to be a gladiator. The first gladiatorial fight took place around 264BC when they held it as part of a funeral ritual called a munus. I'll say more in my next blog as I am watching the movie Gladiator at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment